Senior Backend Developer
About the role
We’re hiring for a Senior Backend Developer to help us build the future of late payments collection.
You’ll be joining us right at the start of our development to deliver a truly unique B2B late payment technology, and we want you here for the long term with stock options. We’re looking for someone ambitious to come and own setting up Kolleno growth function – working directly with experienced founders and senior team who have worked at large international corporates (i.e. Expedia.com, Goldman Sachs).
You’ll get support from us, but we want someone to own this. You’ll join a fast-paced team where you’ll be testing, learning, and iterating as fast as you can. We’re looking for someone data-driven and curious, who can ruthlessly prioritise and focus. You will need a strong sense of initiative.
About The Company
Kolleno is a challenger B2B Financial Technology company which is accelerating payments cycles for your open invoices: marketplaces, challenger banks, commercial banks, SMEs and enterprises.
Our unique technology segments debtors into different risk categories, allowing us to send personalised messages with different communication tones and providing the right payment option.
Our technology also offers real-time analytics of customer actions and repayments, supplemented by detailed dashboards and individual reports to help optimise working capital.
Our mission is to focus on great user experiences, while providing businesses with superior collection results.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will build the backend of a greenfield project, our new Kolleno product. It includes structure, design, and API endpoints to be used by the frontend team.
You will write code that is vital to the company growth, by coordinating with multiple teams: founders, data science, frontend, sales, marketing, and account management in order to fully understand what the final result needs to look like.
You’ll be joining a small, dynamic team. We want a real team player, who is flexible to support things that are outside of their role as you will take on more responsibility as the team grows.
What We’re Looking For
– 2+ years programming experience with Python
– Understanding of APIs (web services)
– Willingness to step forward and suggest ideas, comments, remarks
– Django framework expert
– Django REST Framework and AWS experience are nice to have, but we’re happy to help you with learning them on the job
Is this a full-time role?
Yes. Ideally this person would join us full time asap.
Can I work remotely full-time?
Everyone is currently working from the office in Mayfair.
What’s the hiring process?
– Your first phone call will be with Ron Danenberg (Founder & CTO). This will be to find out more about your background and introduce you to Kolleno. We’ll want to hear about your greatest hits and why you’re proud of them. We’ll discuss your experience in depth and explain how growth and technology will work together at Kolleno [20-30 mins]
– The second stage includes a small project to do at home. This is designed to test your structured thinking, quality of your code, and capability to produce working software in real-life conditions.
– The third stage is a technical interview where we will discuss your code and do a pair-programming session [up to 45 mins].
– If you progress to the next stage we’ll introduce you to key team members.