Senior Backend Developer
About the role
We’re hiring for two Senior Backend Developers to help us build the future of late payments collection.
You’ll be joining us right at an amazing stage of our development to deliver a truly unique B2B late payment technology, and we want you here for the long term with stock options. We’re looking for someone ambitious to come and own setting up Kolleno growth function – working directly with experienced founders and senior team who have worked at large international corporates (i.e. Expedia.com, Goldman Sachs).
You’ll join a fast-paced team where you’ll be testing, learning, and iterating as fast as you can. We’re looking for someone data-driven and curious, who can ruthlessly prioritise and focus. You will need a strong sense of initiative.
About The Company
Our mission is to help every business to get paid on time. It is a crippling issue across all industries that nobody has managed to solve… until Kolleno arrived.
We’re building the future of cash management for companies: from invoices chasing to payments reconciliation. The full cycle is done through Kolleno, promising exponential growth in the FinTech arena.
We’re optimistic, hard-working, full of energy, and creative. We’re looking for like-minded people who want to be part of a once in a lifetime adventure.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will play a critical role in the development of our Kolleno product, responsible for building the backend infrastructure, designing the architecture, and creating API endpoints that will be leveraged by our frontend team.
You will contribute to code that significantly impacts the growth of the company. This will entail close collaboration with various departments, including the founders, data science, frontend, sales, marketing, and account management teams to ensure the final product aligns with the organization’s vision.
As part of an established and dynamic team, we are seeking a dedicated team player who can adapt to a diverse set of responsibilities. In this position, you will have the opportunity to take on increased responsibility and contribute to the continued success of our organization.
What We’re Looking For
– 2+ years programming experience with Python
– Understanding of APIs (web services)
– Willingness to step forward and suggest ideas, comments, remarks
– Django framework expert
– Django REST Framework and AWS experience are nice to have, but we’re happy to help you with learning them on the job
Technologies We Use
Core Technologies: Django Rest Framework, PostgreSQL, AWS Lambda
Supporting Libraries: Pandas, OAuthlib (among many others!)
Testing: strong testing culture with pytest
Is this a full-time role?
Yes. Ideally this person would join us full time asap.
Can I work remotely full-time?
Yes. We also have an office in central London.
What’s the hiring process?
Your first phone call will be with Ron Danenberg (Founder & CTO).
– This will be to find out more about your background and introduce you to Kolleno.
– We’ll want to hear about your greatest hits and why you’re proud of them.
– We’ll discuss your experience in depth and explain how growth and technology will work together at Kolleno.
– Duration: [20-30 mins]
The second stage is technical:
– You will need to either: (a) do a small project at home, or (b) you will share with us an interesting repo you have on GitHub (or another version control platform).
– We will then have a discussion about the code you wrote, and the technical challenges at Kolleno [45 mins].
If you progress to the next stage, we will introduce you to key team members.